In March, 2017, the LCVMPO initiated work on the Airport Area Circulation Study. The objective of this project is to:
- Verify current traffic patterns in the area, including commercial trucks.
- Factor existing data into build-out scenarios of future land uses in the study area
- Examine current roadway/intersection capacities against the demand of future build-out scenarios.(Need to be careful about future scenarios, that is undefined)
- Develop alternatives with applicable feedback.
- Test alternatives, with assistance from the LCVMPO team, to assure viability and acceptance by the LCVMPO and community.
- Refine alternatives, develop realistic conceptual cost estimates and provide recommendations.
- Ensure that this Circulation Study maintains consistency with the other elements of the existing 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (i.e., Valley Destination 2040) or identifies conflicts and rationalizes their existence.
This project is now complete and approved by the Policy Board on December 14, 2017.